Remove Facial Wrinkles For A More Youthful Appearance
As we age, facial wrinkles become more apparent. Crows feet, frown lines and forehead lines appear due to repetitive facial movements. To help reduce the visible signs of aging and restore lost fullness, Advanced Laser Clinic offers BOTOX® & Dermal Fillers. Both of these treatments are administered by a highly experienced medical doctor.
Repeated muscular contractions such as frowning and squinting form lines known as dynamic wrinkles.
When BOTOX® Cosmetic is injected into a muscle, it blocks the nerve impulse from reaching that area, and as a result, the muscle that causes dynamic wrinkles relaxes. As a result, the wrinkles in the overlying skin smooth out. Patients treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic report looking more relaxed, refreshed and worry-free.
On your first visit to our clinic a relevant medical history will be taken and a thorough examination of your face will be done.
In order to achieve optimal results the location, mobility, and size of your muscles will be closely examined prior to treatment. This way BOTOX® Cosmetic can be applied in precisely the right spots. To target all the muscles involved several injections are administered in one treatment session.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is injected with a very tiny needle (it only feels like a little pinch).
No sedation or local anesthetic is required, and you can resume normal activities immediately. You can even drive yourself home or back to the office.
After the consultation, the procedure only takes up to 15 minutes.
You may begin to notice improvement in your lines within the first few days after treatment. It can take up to 2 weeks for it to take full effect.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is not permanent. The effects of BOTOX Cosmetic™ usually last three to four months on average but everyone is different. After several treatments, the effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic may begin to last longer.
What is BOTOX®
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).”
In April 2001, BOTOX® Cosmetic was cleared for use in Canada for patients with (glabellar) frown lines. This remains the current FDA recommendation. Other areas that have been successfully treated include:
- The horizontal lines on the forehead caused by raising the eyebrows
- The periorbital lines – the so-called “Crow’s feet” caused by squinting or smiling
- The vertical wrinkles around the lips often referred to as “smoker lines” exacerbated by age, hormonal changes, sun exposure and smoking.
- Chin softening: patients with a very active mentalis muscle may see the appearance of an “apple dumpling” deformity or “peach pit” chin.
- Neck softening for “turkey gobbler neck”: presented as a deformation of the jaw line and a high visibility of the buns of the platysmal muscles, caused by multiple factors: degenerative changes of the skin (loss of collagen, fat, elastin), ultraviolet exposure, smoking, and effect of gravity.
- Lifting of the mouth corners (”marionette lines’’). The downward “drool groves” at the angles of the mouth are caused by the action of the relevant muscles stretching from the mouth corners down to the jaw line
- BOTOX® Cosmetic injections are administered based on your individual needs. The location, mobility, and size of your muscles will be closely examined prior to treatment.
If you would like to get rid of wrinkles and folds or if you want to improve the image of your lips, there is an answer to your needs, dermal filler.
Every cosmetic treatment is unique and every individual has an own perception of beauty. A consultation with a certified doctor will help clarify which treatment is best for you.
As with any cosmetic treatment, your medical history including information about any medications and allergies will be reviewed. Then, the lines on your face will be examined carefully to develop the best treatment approach for you.
Dermal fillers have been called “liquid facelifts” because they offer many of the benefits of a surgical facelift without the downtime. Although they can’t help with excess sagging skin, these soft tissue fillers can add more volume and provide immediate results at a lower cost than surgery.
Dermal filler used at our Clinic is a non-animal hyaluronic acid, a clear gel, natural and long lasting, but not permanent.
Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the body and therefore it also dissolves naturally with time. In the human body, natural hyaluronic acid provides volume and fullness to the skin.
Injectable dermal fillers are injected into the skin to add volume, to fill wrinkles, lines, folds, and scars (acne scars). Dermal fillers are also commonly used to give a fuller appearance to the lips.
A skin test is not necessary if a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler is being used.
Fillers can be used for smoothing out wrinkles and folds, lip enhancements and shaping facial contours. The treatment adds volume beneath the skin by injecting into the crease or fold, which then lifts up and instantly smoothes away wrinkles, lines, and even deeper folds.
Commonly treated areas are:
- the nasolabial folds (from the root of the nose to the angle of the mouth),
- the droopy mouth corners (corner of mouth to chin lines or “marionette” lines),
- the smile lines around the nose and mouth,
- fine lines above the mouth (“smoker’s lines”),
- lip enhancement,
- the jawline and chin (to restore contours),
- the glabellar lines (between the eyebrows),
- crow’s feet lines around the eyes,
- forehead lines, both horizontal and vertical
Cosmetic procedures involving dermal filler treatments typically take up to half an hour. The time varies depending on the type and extent of the correction that you wish to have performed.
Most people do not find that the injections hurt. Some people have much more sensitive pain responses compared to other people. The level of discomfort also depends on the areas being treated. Treatments around the lips and nose tend to cause the most discomfort.
Some patients prefer to use ice packs before the procedure or to numb the face with a topical anesthetic cream. If the procedure is for lip augmentation, anesthetic injections can be used.
A very small gauge needle will be used to administer dermal filler to keep discomfort to a minimum.
The results of a dermal filler procedure can be seen immediately following your treatment. The results do tend to improve for a few hours after treatment.
Some side effects of dermal fillers include:
- Swelling (brief application of an ice pack can reduce it)
- Bruising (Individuals who take blood thinning painkillers such as NSAIDs or aspirin may experience more bruising and swelling than average)
- Rarely, redness, tenderness, and swelling develops a few weeks after treatment
- Granulomas- rarely (Granulomas are inflammatory lumps under the skin that can last for months)
Before and After
Request a Consultation
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation and see how our experience and expertise can help you attain your goals.